2 model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal [syn: ideal, nonpareil, saint, apotheosis, nonesuch, nonsuch]
- a companion; a match; an equal
- emulation; rivalry; competition
- a model or pattern; a pattern of excellence
or perfection; as, a paragon of beauty or eloquence
- In the novel, Constanza is a paragon of virtue who would never compromise her reputation.
- a size of type between great primer and double pica.
emulation; rivalry; competition
a size of type between great primer and double pica
to compare with
to be equal
Paragon is a word that means ideal: model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal; a perfect embodiment of a concept.
It may refer to:
Media and Entertainment
- Paragon (band)
- Paragon (comics), a fictional character in the videogame Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
- Paragon (rap artist)
- Paragon City, a fictional city in the computer game City of Heroes
- Paragon (hero class), in the Playstation video game 'Vandal Hearts', this is the third class the Hero of the game, Ash, can upgrade to.
- Paragon (Profession), in the MMORPG video game Guild Wars Nightfall, this is a selectable profession/secondary profession for the Nightfall campaign.
- Paragon CRT, a method of corneal refraction developed by Paragon Vision Sciences
- A classification of diamond based on the carat (mass)
- A paragon is a qqtaarl coloured shape where each side is a cross.
paragon in German: Paragon
paragon in Dutch: Paragon
A per se, Miss America, ace, acme, apotheosis, archetype, assimilate, bathing beauty, beau ideal, beaut, beauty, beauty contest winner, beauty queen, belle, best type, boss, bunny, champ, champion, charmer, chief, choice, chosen, classic, commander, compare, cover girl, crackerjack, cream, criterion, cynosure, dazzler, dean, dream, ego ideal, elect, elite, enchantress, epitome, exemplar, fat, flower, fugleman, gem, genius, good example, great beauty, head, hero, higher-up, ideal, jewel, knockout, lady fair, last word, laureate, leader, liken, looker, love, lovely, man of men, master, masterpiece, masterwork, match, mirror, model, nonesuch, nonpareil, optimum, parallel, pattern, pattern of perfection, peach, phoenix, pick, pinup, pinup girl, prime, principal, prize, prodigy, prototype, pussycat, queen, quintessence, raving beauty, reigning beauty, ruler, select, senior, sex kitten, shining example, slick chick, standard, star, stunner, superior, superlative, superman, superstar, the best, the best ever, the greatest, the most, the tops, the very best, top dog, tops, trump, ultimate, very model, virtuoso